Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Dining Room Windows Painted!!

It only took us 2 months (initial post here), but we finally finished painting our dining room windows.  Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike painting.  If I had to make a list of dislikes it would go something like this (in order from somewhat dislike to really dislike):
  • general housework
  • pulling chewing gum out of hair
  • listening to KeSha on the radio
  • cleaning dog poo out of shoe bottoms, with tiny crevices (third and forth are close)
  • painting
  • cleaning up puke
So you see, painting is at the bottom with cleaning up puke.  Sorry to be so gross but wanted to get my point across.

The results make painting worth it I guess.  It has really lightened up the room and even makes it look larger and more crisp.  It also makes our old windows look fresh.

Throwback.... here is the dining room when we bought the house:


And now:


I also finally bought the fabric to make the curtains.  Going for clean, french country-ish style here (not so much Americana or Primitive country, though there is nothing wrong with those).
Burlap mixed with classic, mixed with vintage items is what we like-


I chose a fabric that favors french linen (but I believe this is a poly blend).


Remember, Jonathan cut and put up the trim himself so we don't want to completely cover up his work with curtains.


Thinking a side gather will keep more trim visible than two side panels.  I like relaxed roman shades but the style didn't quite work in here unfortunately.  Going to use a black curtain rod to hang them.


Dining rooms are important.  Alot of important family things happen here.  Hoping it stays that way.




























No comments:

Post a Comment