Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Day At The Bay

I have been in dire need of fresh air and sunshine the past few weeks.  So the kids and I headed over to the Bay recently.  Though its warming up here, the wind is always blowing and cool in this park.  Anyway, just wanted share with you some fresh air and sunshine pictures from our day at the bay-




I am not a native New Englander so I like exploring the outdoors here as much as the kids.  Little man and I watched and learned how Gulls catch and eat clams.


First they catch it-



Then they fly way up and drop it to crack it open.  Conveniently located hard surface near the water for them.


Remnants of the broken clam-

Little man decided to start a shell collection of all the different kinds he found (they are still in the back seat of my car)-


Then we watched how people catch clams-




I would like to learn how to dig for clams, seems simple enough-



Watching from the turf-

Pretty geese and trees-


I just want to point out for my southern friends that New England has lovely sandy beaches also for summer swimming.  Though there are lots of rocky scenic beaches, there's plenty sandy ones too.  It's weird for me that so many beaches are so close.... it used to be a big deal to go to the beach due to the drive.  Now we can get to many in less than an hour.

One in Newport, RI we like-

And another one in southern Massachusetts we like-


Martha's Vineyard ain't too far from us-

Nor is Cape Cod-


OK, sorry for my tangent.  I am just REALLY looking forward to summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment