Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Can I Get A Whoot! Whoot!

This is the first title that came into my head, so I went with it.

<Begin scene>
I walk into my living room and sit down.  I look up and am pleasantly startled.  "Am I in my house?", I think starring at the room.  Then I am reminded that I am, in fact, in my house when I get up and step on a razor sharp lego.  "Look at those windows", I say.  "They are quite nice.  Wow, our house is looking quite nice".  I proceed to another room gazing, focused on these new things causing happy chemicals to be released into my brain.  With mom like reflexes I catch stuffed mer-cat (thats part mermaid, part kitty cat) mid air on perfect trajectory towards my head.  I am still focused.  Time seems to be slowing down.  I stop to gaze at another room still entranced.  I smile.  I sit.  I am pocked in the bum by another lego that was in the chair.  Time and reality returns.... but the lovely windows are still there.
<End scene>

That pretty much sums it up.  I am very happy with the windows though they are not fully stained and painted yet.  Here are some early photos of the windows.

Old windows when we moved into the house-


After some progress in living room, back living room window-

Living room in beginning 'years'-


New windows! -


As I have said before the windows themselves will be left natural, only a coat of Polyurethane.  Frames will be white.  Similar to how they already look.

Closeup-


Inside grill is removable for window cleaning-


The upstair windows have a different style trimming.  This is a picture frame type trimming (compare with the previous window pics from the downstairs)-


Outside was sealed and framed in with white composite material.  This reduced the bulkiness of the previous vinyl framed windows.  It was affordable and quick to install as well.  Yes, that's a kid doing a photo bomb from inside-




Now I am struggling thinking about curtains again.  We need something on the front four windows but don't want too much because we like clean lines.  I will save this discussion for another post possibly.
More updates are still in the works, stay tuned...... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment