Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Count Down Till A House Update!!

The count down HAS STARTED my friends.  I am Jessie Spano excited and I am not even taking caffeine pills.  Listen to me, not one but TWO contractors will be here next week working on our house.  Two contractors doing two different projects; a general contractor and a professional painter.

The last completed house project was chronicled back in February, here.  This is much bigger than that.

Here is what is about to go down in Trexlertown (not the place in Pennsylvania).

1.  Almost every window in our house is being rebuilt.  For those that are interested in the details these are rebuilds, not replacement windows.  I took a picture of the worse one to promote suspense.  This one is in our living room and the air conditioner is secured to the frame because it was pulling the window literally out of the wall.  These windows I believe are 31 years old.

This is the window that will be replacing it.  Andersen Woodwright series.  Similar but different grid that's only on top-


2.  Trim facings are going to be put up.  This is something we have held off on completing for various reasons.  See picture above for visual reference.  I am excited to be able to hang curtains.

3.  Kitchen and stairwell are going to be painted.  These are the last two areas of the house that have not been painted.  Ceilings and all.  Painter is going to wash the walls and ceilings before he paints them.  Double excitement that someone is going to wash something besides me.
I took a picture of the cleaner half of the kitchen.


4.  Basement is going to be completed.  Excited for the extra space for playroom and storage-

Overall I am excited to cross items off the list..... and save money on heating with these new windows.

Kids are excited too.....
Zombie mouths
....that they will probably get to watch more TV than usual to stay out of contractors way.  (PBS puts baby girl out I guess, it did this day anyway).

Last exciting thing, we harvested some decent late summer items from the garden last week.  My neglect of the garden this year didn't stop everything.


I got a second wind and planted beets and brussel sprouts.  I learned from a seasoned gardener here to plant brussel sprouts (as transplants though) in the late summer.  They get sweeter after a frost.  No, not with frosting, frost.
http://i-heart-cupcakes.blogspot.com/2010/12/baking-with-brussels-sprouts.html

Though that's tempting I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment