Thursday, August 7, 2014

Just Some Summer Happenings

Just a hand full of some summer photos-

A few more Jamaica photos-




Trip to Tennessee
(FYI, pics of a DEAD pig below)

Pickin' onions-

 Tram ride to Ober Gatlinburg

Chair lift ride to Alpine Slide



Smoking a whole pig.  I forget how many hours it smoked, 10 hours?  I know it went all night and Dad had to keep getting up through the night to put wood in it.

Dad and brothers pulling the meat.  Probably the most delicious and flavorful meat I have ever eaten.

My brother's dog Sterling.  He is a rescued pit bull mix and a big, sweet boy-

And photogenic-

This is my old dog Boss, still full of energy (we think he is 16 years old, but we stopped counting).  Mom and Dad are letting him live at the farm where he gets more attention than I am able to give these days.  Kids want him to come back and live with us though.

Another reason I miss home (this table is stocked by the church community, sharing with their neighbors from their gardens, I thought it was a great idea)-

Some pictures of us enjoying Douglas Lake-

Yes, little man was as hesitant at first as he looks here.  He ended up liking it though.

My Dad (he's 64) showing us all he still has IT.  My sister-in-law, Kalissa, was quite good too.


Back home, enjoying our pool-


First face painting experience-

Double piano lesson.  Baby girl doesn't seem to be paying attention.


Rest up, summer isn't over yet. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, 64 is the new 50! Great to see Boss, but he's looking pretty white......bet he still has the energy, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. :) Yes, Boss is gray all over but has about the same energy. He is deaf now and doesnt see very well. But that doesnt stop him from running off still, crazy dog.

    ReplyDelete