Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen.... A Curtain!

That's right my friends, step right up and BEHOLD this curtain.
.
.
.
.
.
Why so special you ask?  Because this curtain was 100,000 million years in the brainstorming phase.
.
.
.
.
.
If it was normal to talk to a curtain I would say this, "Hey curtain, you must be tired because you have been running circles through my mind for like 100,000 million years".
.
.
.
.
.
(Note that I don't think the world has been in existence that long, for those that were concerned.)

In all seriousness though the brainstorming process of this curtain did feel that long.  I mean.... I stink at decision making (apparently) and home decorating.
OK, I think the long intro has built up too much excitement, so take a moment to lower your expectations for a very normal curtain.
.
.
.
.
.

Maybe I should start over just to be safe.
---------------------------------------
Hi everyone,
I finally have made my first curtain.  This is the first version of the curtain and I plan to make a few minor adjustments to the next ones..... but for now.... ta-da here is it:


Making the curtain was not that difficult and maybe I will share those details after I make the planned alterations.  For now though it is just a cut square with the edges sewn under and a curtain rod pocket.  It typically would not take long at all to actually make..... typically is the key word here..... my 'helpers' maybe slowed the process somewhat-
 

Then little man got a hold of the camera-

Yep-

Back to the curtain.
For now it is tied up with some twine (which is just thrown across the curtain rod).  I am not planning on using twine in the end, it looks a little too primitive for me.
For now its just a basic tie up curtain.


Fabric is gathering nicely when tied up.  Was going for a french linen look and I think this Joann Fabric knock off is doing fine.

'Real life' pictures of the prototype curtain-

Tied up even higher-

I hope to have the others up soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment