Thursday, December 26, 2013

'Twas The Night Before Christmas (Baby In utero version)

'Twas the night before Christmas,
When all through the house
Two creatures were stirring
My mommy and her silly spouse (a.k.a. my daddy but that doesn't rhyme).

Stockings were hung on the fireplace with care,
And mommy and daddy were busy preparing for something exciting
I could sense it,
Even inside my warm little lair.

When I heard the talk of presents, of gifts and of play,
I decided that I needed to get out of here,
So I could participate in such a day.

So I pushed and I prodded,
I elbowed and kicked.
Then on came the contractions
I thought I had done the trick!

But my mommy's body is quite stubborn,
This I have learned as she has gotten fatter.
All night I tried to get out,
I even head butted her bladder.

But Christmas morning came,
And I remained warm inside my mom.
So instead I set myself,
To doing random photo bombs.


There seemed to have been alot of fun,
That went on there that day.
My siblings were excited
With all the new things to play.



As for me I'm still waiting.
Guess a birth day on Christmas wasn't meant to be.
I hear it's up to Someone Else
The One Who has formed me (Psalm 139: 13-18).

So I will continue to grow,
To punch and kick with all my might.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas all
And to all, except mommy, a restful night.

The end








No comments:

Post a Comment