Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Picture Share - Beautiful North East TN

I don't have any house updates to share this week (sorry).  The kids and I traveled to Tennessee this past week for two special weddings and spending time with family.  Forgive me if you are tired of seeing pictures of their farm.... I never get tired of seeing it.

I forget how pretty the sky and clouds can be there.
Sunrise-
Sunset-
Blue skies all around (she took her first steps while at my parents :)-



Enough clouds.... around the farm-
Neighboring farm cutting tobacco.  If you want to experience physical labor, try it.
 My parent's white potato and onion harvest, way better than mine-
 Sow and piglets in a farrowing crate.  Some people say these are inhumane (she can stand up if she wants) but they help protect the piglets from the mommy laying on them and crushing them.
 Todd's fainting goats-
 Zues
 Considered ok where I come from (I don't go on the road)-
 Transferring weened piglets to a new pen.  I think they had about 30 some piglets when I was there.  They are hard to catch.

 He loves big equipment (hay rake)-
He loved these kittens too until one "spit on him from its mouth".... not sure what happened down at the barn that day but it changed his perspective on cats-
Dad finishing a small plot of hay baling before the rain comes (even after the baler broke and had to be welded)-

 Mini sunflowers in mom's garden.

Huge oak tree at church-


He thought they made good back rests.?
Hope to have more house updates to share soon.  Goal is to fully finish the dining room.... curtains and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment